LAC-MEGANTIC (July 10 2013)—The number of people missing after the fiery oil train derailment that demolished a large part of a Quebec town has risen to 60, police said Wednesday.
Quebec police inspector Michel Forget said Wednesday that the latest numbers reflect missing person reports from various sources and that the number is still in flux.
Police earlier said about 50 people were reported missing.
Rescuers have recovered 15 bodies from the wreckage so far, but they are so badly burned that authorities have not been able to identify them.
Authorities fear they may find the remains of dozens of others in the rubble.
Safety concerns at the disaster's epicenter continue to hinder recovery efforts, officials said.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.