Owner Says Dog May Have Been Poisoned At Westminster

NEW YORK (February 28, 2013)—Lynettte Blue says she thinks there's a chance her prized dog was deliberately poisoned while competing at the Westminster Kennel Club show.

The dog died several days later.

Blue told The Associated Press that her 3-year-old Samoyed named Cruz probably swallowed poison during the show, but she said she’s not sure how it happened and may never know.

The dog's death was first reported by The New York Times.

Westminster issued a statement Thursday saying it wasn't aware of any dogs ever being poisoned at its show.

The 137th Westminster drew 2,721 entries earlier this month.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 194045961 - kwtx.com/a?a=194045961
Gray Television, Inc.