QUINCY, Wash. (July 1, 2013)--A concertgoer died of a drug overdose over the weekend in Washington State and many others were sickened after taking a potent mixture of a drug called "Molly."
Steve Dickens, house supervisor at Central Washington Hospital, said several patients, including the one who died, were taken to the medical center in Wenatchee overnight Friday while others were treated at other nearby hospitals.
He declined to provide further details early Monday.
"Molly" is a drug that can be similar to ecstasy.
The concertgoers fell ill during the Paradiso Festival at the Gorge Ampitheatre, a popular music venue.
Sarina Fahrner, the chief nursing officer at Quincy Valley Medical Center, told KOMO there were more than 100 overdose patients.
The name of the concertgoer who died has not been released.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.