Probe Of Deadly Balloon Crash Widens

CAIRO (February 28, 2013)--Countries of some of the victims of the deadly balloon crash in Luxor have asked to join the probe, Egypt’s lead investigator says.

The investigator says that Hong Kong, Britain, Japan and Hungary will not yet be sending investigators so far, but they have been granted an advisory role and will for now and will be kept up to date on the investigation.

Nineteen foreign tourists died when their hot air balloon caught fire and plummeted about 1,000 feet to the ground on Tuesday in southern Egypt.

Initial reports say the balloon was in the process of landing when a cable got caught around a gas tube and a fire erupted.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 193856791