FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (June 13, 2014) Jennifer Ashley, an Arizona woman who says she found a razor blade in the salad she was eating at a Burger King, says she doesn't plan to press charges, but just wants people to be aware of what they are eating, even in a restaurant.
Ashley told KTVK-TV she immediately advised the manager of her discovery Wednesday at a Flagstaff branch of the fast-foot chain.
Burger King says an employee admitted that the blade, which had been left on a shelf, accidentally fell into a tub of lettuce.
The company says razor blades are not allowed in or near food preparation areas.
The employee has since been fired.
Ashley says she received a refund and a free salad.