MERCED, Calif. (February 5, 2013)—No charges are expected after a 2-year-old boy died from drinking cleaning fluid, Authorities in Merced County, Calif., said.
Authorities told the Merced Sun-Star that the child's grandmother gave the boy what she thought was a bottle of water to drink Friday afternoon after the boy got thirsty while playing at his grandparents' shop.
But the bottle the grandmother found on the floorboard of her husband's truck actually contained solution used to clean aluminum rims.
Officials say the grandfather realized what the boy had ingested after he started choking.
He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Officials say the incident was nothing more than a tragic accident.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.