PLAINVILLE, Conn. (August 28, 2013)--Part of a fire extinguisher flew nearly a quarter-mile through the air into a house after a workplace accident, but no one was injured.
Firefighters in Plainville, Conn., said a machine operator who was cutting beams at a metal recycling company Tuesday afternoon didn't see the extinguisher, and the machine cut into the extinguisher, causing it to explode.
Tom Orvis says he was in his kitchen when he heard a loud noise.
He said he went outside and saw pieces of roof on his lawn and a small hole in the roof of his home.
Authorities found the partial extinguisher more than 200 yards from the house.
Orvis says a worker from the JW Green Co. apologized to him, and said the company offered to fix the damage.