NEW YORK (March 13, 2013)—A dog in New York City will recover after undergoing emergency surgery to remove 111 pennies from his stomach.
The 13-year-old Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed the 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
The dog’s owner rushed the pet to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
Vets put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins, the zinc from which could have been lethal.
The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.