Dog Eats 111 Pennies; Vet Removes 111 Pennies

NEW YORK (March 13, 2013)—A dog in New York City will recover after undergoing emergency surgery to remove 111 pennies from his stomach.

The 13-year-old Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed the 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.

The dog’s owner rushed the pet to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.

Vets put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins, the zinc from which could have been lethal.

The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 197823871 -
Gray Television, Inc.