BETHLEHEM, Pa. (March 20, 2013)—Freedom High School in Bethlehem, Pa., wants students to cut back on the body spray.
The school said one of its students was taken to a hospital recently after being exposed to Axe Body Spray, which officials are asking students to stop using as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.
Unilever, which makes Axe, says it is looking into the report and says in a statement that the safety and well-being of users "is always our first priority."
It said consumers with concerns should call the toll-free number on the back of the package.
The affected student is severely allergic to the spray, school officials said.
It wasn't immediately clear what type of reaction the student had or what chemical may have been involved.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.