AUBURN, N.Y. (December 5, 2013) A man and a woman were making meth when their central New York apartment caught fire, and not cooking a batch of chicken wings as they told police, authorities say.
Firefighters responded to an early morning fire in May at an Auburn, N.Y., apartment where a 42-year-old woman and a 44-year-old man suffered severe burns from what they claimed was a grease fire.
Firefighters were suspicious and asked police to investigate and officers later found two 2-liter bottles in a wooded area near the complex with evidence of methamphetamine.
The bottles were sent to a state lab where they tested positive for illegal substances.
The two were charged this week with manufacturing meth after a Cayuga County grand jury indicted them.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.