LUBBOCK (January 17, 2014) Police found a man dead and a woman sick in a room at a Budget Motel in Lubbock as a result of what investigators believe was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.
Officers responded Thursday to the motel after two guests who were scheduled to check out could not be reached in their room.
Investigators say the man was dead at the scene.
The woman was taken to a Lubbock hospital.
Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Rob Keinast said high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the room, possibly from a faulty heater.
The names of the victims weren’t immediately released.
The Budget Motel was closed Friday and no one from the business was immediately available to comment.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.