DALLAS (December 12, 2012)--Five people were hospitalized after falling ill Wednesday when a jar filled with pesticide fell out of a donation box and broke at a Salvation Army warehouse in Dallas.
Salvation Army spokesman Pat Patey said donations were being sorted Wednesday morning when the bottom of a box that a volunteer was carrying tore and the jar fell out and broke.
Lt. Joel Lavender of Dallas Fire-Rescue said the pesticide caused an odor that caused some people to feel nauseated.
Patey says the warehouse was evacuated, but by late morning they had permission to let people back in.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.