Five Exposed To Pesticide At Texas Salvation Army Warehouse

DALLAS (December 12, 2012)--Five people were hospitalized after falling ill Wednesday when a jar filled with pesticide fell out of a donation box and broke at a Salvation Army warehouse in Dallas.

Salvation Army spokesman Pat Patey said donations were being sorted Wednesday morning when the bottom of a box that a volunteer was carrying tore and the jar fell out and broke.

Lt. Joel Lavender of Dallas Fire-Rescue said the pesticide caused an odor that caused some people to feel nauseated.

Patey says the warehouse was evacuated, but by late morning they had permission to let people back in.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 183242652 -
Gray Television, Inc.