HOUSTON (February 18, 2013)--A 5-year-old Texas girl and her 3-year-old brother who suffered burns in a power line-related accident while playing outside their Houston-area home were in the burn unit of a Galveston hospital Monday.
The Harris County Constable's Office says the children were burned Sunday afternoon.
Their names and further details on their conditions were not immediately available Monday.
Officials say the children were playing in their yard when they began to swing on a loose metal cable used to support a power pole.
Capt. Steve Whitten says the cable somehow became energized and the children were shocked.
CenterPoint Energy officials are investigating the accident.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.