CAMERON (February 18, 2013)--A single-story wood-frame house in the 1000 block of CR 139 couldn’t be saved Sunday as flames raced through the rooms.
Cameron Volunteer Fire Department received the call just after 1 p.m. that there was a fire in one of the rooms of the house.
When firefighters arrived, the house was engulfed in flames.
A woman and her daughter were home at the time of the fire but were able to get out safely.
A father and son were not home.
Buckholts, Burlington and Rosebud volunteer fire departments were sent to the scene shortly after Cameron firefighters arrived.
Strong winds made fighting the fire difficult, Cameron Volunteer Fire Department Fire Chief Henry Horelica said Monday.
The fire took about two hours to put out and is still under investigation.
The house, owned by the Bennett family, was a total loss.