Local Family Homeless After House Fire

By: Chinh Doan Email
By: Chinh Doan Email

KILLEEN (December 22, 2012)-Roland Wornham, his son, daughter and grandson are without a home this Christmas after a fire ripped through their home on Saturday afternoon.

"There was so much smoke you could not see yourself, and then I saw the truck was on fire," said neighbor Joann Winn.

Another neighbor noticed smoke at the home off of Leader Drive just before 3 p.m. and warned the homeowner.

"I knocked on their door and said, 'Roland, your house is on fire, you guys guys got to get out," said Ralph Gutierrez.

"I thank God for letting me come out and look over there and notice something was wrong."

The owner was in the garage working with a space heater when he went into the house for a moment.

The homeowner and his son were able to get out of the home unharmed.

Two other people that live at the home were not there at the time of the fire.

Wornham and his family said the most important thing this Christmas is having each other.

"It's not going to be the same, but we'll figure it out," Wornham said.

"We're blessed to have nice neighbors and just knowing that everybody got out safely."

The fire is under investigation.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184569201 - kwtx.com/a?a=184569201
Gray Television, Inc.