Fire Guts Central Texas Mobile Home

By: By Allison Ignacio Email
By: By Allison Ignacio Email

OGLESBY (November 4, 2010)—A mobile home near Oglesby was damaged by fire Thursday morning but firefighters say no one was injured.

The home located at 115 Knowles Rd. was said to be destroyed.

The homeowner was not at home at the time of the blaze but she did arrive at the scene just as firefighters were putting the fire out.

A fire chief at the scene told a News 10 reporter he had not determined the origin or cause of the fire and the fire crew was quickly called away to a grass fire in another part of the county.

He did say, however, the homeowner would be displaced because damage to the structure was severe.

There were two pets inside the home and firefighters were able to locate and rescue one of them but they could not find the other.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Lace on Nov 4, 2010 at 10:35 PM
    Glad to report that they did find the lost pet and she is OK. Thank you for your post!
  • by Real Location: Close by on Nov 4, 2010 at 05:19 PM
    I'm glad the home owner wasn'injured or killed. As a pet owner I'm sorry or the lost pet. But I want to remind everyone that a mobile home will burn in 8 minutes flat. So please br prepared, make sure your smoke detectors work and have new batteries in them, and buy a fire extinguisher also.
KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 106704263 -
Gray Television, Inc.