Classes Dismissed Early After Fire Breaks Out At Local High School

By: Rachel Cox Email
By: Rachel Cox Email
Officials decided to dismiss classes early after a fire that forced the evacuation of a local high school.

(Photo by Rachel Cox)

TEMPLE (January 22, 2013)—Classes were dismissed early on Tuesday afternoon at Temple High School after a fire broke out in a restroom.

The fire was reported at around 2 p.m. Tuesday and firefighters extinguished it a little more than 10 minutes later.

Because the school was evacuated so close to the end of the school day, officials said they decided to dismiss classes early.

There was no immediate word on the nature or cause of the fire. but school officials told investigators they had extinguished a bathroom fire earlier in the day.

The afternoon fire is under investigation.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 187932071 -
Gray Television, Inc.