Temple Fire & Rescue photo)
TEMPLE (March 23, 2013)—Temple firefighters rescued three dogs Saturday afternoon from a burning garage in the 200 block of East Walker Avenue.
Smoke was pouring from the garage when the first crews arrived just after 12:20 p.m. Saturday.
Because a truck was parked in the driveway and it wasn’t clear if anyone was home, firefighters launched a prompt search of the garage, during which they found the first dog.
The other two dogs were found hiding under a bed during a second search.
The dogs weren’t injured and were handed over to the owner, who was at work when the fire broke out.
The fire caused heavy damage to the garage and the contents were a total loss, fire officials said.
The house suffered smoke damage and heat from the fire caused some damaged to the pickup, as well.
The cause was likely an electrical short in the garage, fire officials said.