KWTX - Our Town Temple - Headlines

Temple: Family Loses Pet In House Fire

TEMPLE (may 5, 2013)- Part of a home is damaged and a family pet is dead after fire broke out inside a Temple home Sunday.

According to Temple Fire and Rescue, the fire started around 4:30 in the afternoon on Bunker Hill Drive near I-35.

Temple Fire and Rescue Public Information Officer Thomas Pechal says firefighters believe the fire was started by a model plane battery that was charging.

He says it overheated and sparked some flames in a bedroom.

The family had two pets but only one of them made it out alive.

No one from the family was injured.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 206222701