Waco: Local Residents Have Close Call With Carbon Monoxide Leak

WACO (January 2, 2013)—A carbon monoxide leak early Wednesday at a home at 500 Dunbar St. in Waco sent three people to the hospital, but a fire official says it could have been worse.

A family member who went by to check on the residents Wednesday got them out of the house and called 911 after discovering that one was ill and that all three had headaches.

Firefighters traced the leak to a heating unit.

Waco Assistant Fire Chief Don Yeager said the level of carbon monoxide in the home was four times what’s considered dangerous.

“If this would have happened in the sleeping hours,” he said, “there’s a good chance you’re not going to wake up.”

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 185467402 - kwtx.com/a?a=185467402
Gray Television, Inc.