Bell County: Turkey Barn Catches Fire

By: Brittany Semadeni Email
By: Brittany Semadeni Email

BELL COUNTY (February 22, 2013)--Firefighters were able to save a turkey barn Thursday after a fire broke out just before 9:30 p.m.

Moffat Volunteer Fire Department and Morgan’s Point Fire Department were called to 9776 Community Center Road, just south of Moody, to put out the fire.

No turkeys were in the barn at the time of the fire and the building, estimated to be 50-feet-wide and about 200-feet-long is useable, Moffat Fire Chief Hal Pagel said Friday.

Two workers who tried to put out the fire before the fire departments arrived were taken to the hospital with minor smoke inhalation and one had an injured ankle.

The fire is believed to be accidental but the investigation has been turned over to Bell County Fire Marshal Steven Casey.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 192560641 -
Gray Television, Inc.