Belton: Paramedic Recognized For Saving Toddler’s Life

A Belton Fire Department paramedic has been recognized for saving the life of a toddler who had an object lodged in his throat.

Marty Tippit (right) was recognized this week for saving the life of a toddler. (City of Belton photo)

BELTON (January 15, 2014) A Belton Fire Department paramedic has been recognized for saving the life of a toddler who had a baby wipe lodged in his throat.

The Belton City Council honored Marty Tippit this week for his actions on Nov. 13, 2013 when he and another Belton firefighter responded to an emergency call about a toddler with an obstructed airway, the city said.

After blows to the toddler’s back failed to dislodge the object, Tippit used an instrument to remove the baby wipe from deep inside the youngster’s throat, the city said.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 240364491 - kwtx.com/a?a=240364491