KWTX - Our Town - Headlines

Benefit Scheduled to Help Family of Elm Mott Grandfather

(Photo by Jennifer Iller)

(Photo by Jennifer Iller)

ELM MOTT (September 9, 2012)— Larry Young passed away Sunday due to injuries from a house fire on August 10 in Elm Mott.

Officials say that fire started because of the combination of medical oxygen and a cigarette spark in the house.

Four people were injured in the fire, including three-year-old Ava Reid.

Ava is still in the hospital but is showing signs of improvement. She was taken off her ventilator Sunday and is breathing on her own.

A benefit for the family is scheduled for next Saturday at the Oscar Store near Temple. The benefit will start at 8 a.m. and go until 7 p.m.

A second benefit is set for Saturday Sept. 22 at the Harley Davidson dealership, on Interstate 35, in Waco, from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 169129126