Copperas Cove: Fire Breaks Out In Garage Of Local Home

Firefighters got the residents out safely Thursday after responding to a fire in the garage of a home in Copperas Cove.

(Photo courtesy of Corissa Jackson, Copperas Cove Leader-Press)

COPPERAS COVE (January 17, 2013)—Copperas Cove firefighters responded to a fire in the garage of a home Thursday afternoon in the 1000 block of 9th Street.

The three residents escaped injury in the fire, which was reported at around 1:50 p.m. Thursday.

One of the residents, Sie Winters, told the Copperas Cove Leader-Press he had just finished eating lunch when he smelled something like burning plastic.

When he went to the garage to check on the smell, he saw smoke overhead.

He told the newspaper he tried to contain the fire until firefighters arrived.

(Information provided by Corrisa Jackson, staff writer, Copperas Cove Leader-Press)

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 187359621 -
Gray Television, Inc.