COPPERAS COVE (January 17, 2013)—Copperas Cove firefighters responded to a fire in the garage of a home Thursday afternoon in the 1000 block of 9th Street.
The three residents escaped injury in the fire, which was reported at around 1:50 p.m. Thursday.
One of the residents, Sie Winters, told the Copperas Cove Leader-Press he had just finished eating lunch when he smelled something like burning plastic.
When he went to the garage to check on the smell, he saw smoke overhead.
He told the newspaper he tried to contain the fire until firefighters arrived.
(Information provided by Corrisa Jackson, staff writer, Copperas Cove Leader-Press)