Central Texas: Crop Loss Enrollment Begins Tuesday

By: Brittany Semadeni Email
By: Brittany Semadeni Email

(October 22, 2012)--Producers will be able to enroll in the Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments (SURE) program for 2011 crop year losses beginning Tuesday.

Crop losses caused by natural disasters occurring through September 30 of last year are accepted under the 2008 Farm Bill.

Assistance will be given to farmers and ranchers as long as the producer’s operation had at least a 10 percent production loss that affects one crop of economic significance and was located in a county that was declared a disaster for 2011.

Producers with agricultural operations located outside a disaster county are eligible for the benefits if they had a production loss of at least 50 percent of its normal production.

All counties in Texas received a type of Secretarial Disaster Designation last year meaning all 254 counties can apply for benefits, as long as requirements are met.

Crops must have been insured through the Federal Crop Insurance Corporation or producers' must have obtained Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program coverage on non-insurable crops.

For more information, call the Robertson County FSA office at (979) 828-3338.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 175307231 - kwtx.com/a?a=175307231
Gray Television, Inc.