(Photo by Paul Shelton)
MARLIN (October 24, 2012)—Fire destroyed a house Wednesday at 3521 Highway 6 in Marlin after natural gas from a stove that was being replaced ignited.
The man who was working on the stove suffered minor injuries, for which he was treated at the scene.
Firefighters said the man, whose name wasn’t released, told them he was in the process of changing out the stove when gas that bled from the stove into an adjacent room that housed a hot water heater whose pilot light ignited the blaze.
The man was not a resident of the home and firefighters weren’t sure how many people lived there.
The Marlin Fire Department, Marlin Volunteer Fire Department and firefighters from Lott responded to the fire, which was reported at around 1:25 p.m. Wednesday.