Rockdale: Cigarette Fire Deemed Cause Of Abandoned House Fire

By: Brittany Semadeni Email
By: Brittany Semadeni Email

ROCKDALE (November 1, 2012)--A flick of a cigarette caused an abandoned house to burn to the ground Wednesday, police said Thursday.

A fire broke out Upton and 3rd around noon Wednesday and crews were unable to save the house.

Police say a worker who was making repairs to the house flicked his cigarette light catching the house on fire.

The house was vacant at the time of the fire.

KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 176806131 -
Gray Television, Inc.