Temple: Fire Caused By Candle Destroys Family’s Home

TEMPLE (September 20, 2013)--A fire ignited by an unattended candle early Friday in Temple left a family of four homeless.

The fire,which was reported at around 2 a.m. Friday in the 1800 block of South 1st Street, displaced two adults and two children, none of whom was home at the time.

The first units reported that flames were coming from the front and right corner of the house, which one team of firefighters searched to check for occupants.

The fire caused heavy damage to the living room, a bedroom and the attic, fire.

The house was a total loss, fire officials said.

Investigators determined the fire was ignited accidentally by an unattended candle in the front bedroom.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 224641821 - kwtx.com/a?a=224641821
Gray Television, Inc.