KWTX - Our Town - Headlines

Temple: Stove Fire Causes Minor Damage To Local Home

TEMPLE (October 16, 2012)—A fire that broke out early Tuesday morning on a stove caused about $1,500 damage to a home in Temple.

The fire was reported just after 3 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of Sugar Brook Drive.

The homeowner was waiting in the front yard when the first units arrived.

Firefighters entered the smoke-filled house and determined the fire was out.

The homeowner told firefighters he started to cook on the stove, but left the kitchen and then fell asleep.

A smoke alarm alerted him to the fire and he was able to extinguish it before firefighters arrived.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 174481051