TEMPLE (October 16, 2012)—A fire that broke out early Tuesday morning on a stove caused about $1,500 damage to a home in Temple.
The fire was reported just after 3 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of Sugar Brook Drive.
The homeowner was waiting in the front yard when the first units arrived.
Firefighters entered the smoke-filled house and determined the fire was out.
The homeowner told firefighters he started to cook on the stove, but left the kitchen and then fell asleep.
A smoke alarm alerted him to the fire and he was able to extinguish it before firefighters arrived.