Temple: Fire Forces Guests From Restaurant

TEMPLE (November 3, 2013) Dinner for many guests at a popular downtown Temple restaurant had to leave their meals early after a report of fire Saturday night.

Firefighters with the Temple Fire and Rescue responded to Pignetti's at 14 South 2nd St. shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday.

Those on the scene smelled smoke.

Fire crews found the source on the roof.

According to Thomas Pechal with the Temple fire department, wood near the brick oven vent on the roof got hot and caught fire.

Crews had to cut a hole in the roof to vent the smoke and put the very small fire out.

Pechal did not have an estimate of the damage, but suspects it's minimal.

No one was hurt.

The roads surrounding the restaurant were blocked off while firefighters worked.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 230439891 - kwtx.com/a?a=230439891
Gray Television, Inc.