Waco: Fire Fills Local Women’s Apartment With Smoke

By: Nichole Perez Email
By: Nichole Perez Email
Two women were forced to flee their apartment Wednesday after smoke filled the unit.

(Photo by Nichole Perez)

WACO (March 27, 2013)--Two women were forced from their North Waco apartment Wednesday morning after smoke from a clothes dryer fire filled the unit.

Waco firefighters responded at around 9 a.m. Wednesday to the Baxter Crossing Apartments at 415 Owen Lane after residents reported their apartment was with smoke.

Firefighters determined the smoke was coming from a clothes dryer that had overheated.

A neighbor went to get a fire extinguisher to help, but by the time he got back to the apartment, firefighters were already at the scene.

It was not clear Wednesday morning if the residents were displaced, but no one was injured.

A fire marshal was sent to the scene to investigate.


KWTX-TV News 10 6700 American Plaza Waco, Texas 76712 (254) 776-1330 Fax (254) 751-1088
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 200240121 - kwtx.com/a?a=200240121