BOSTON (February 10, 2013)--At least five deaths in the U.S. resulted from the powerful snowstorm that swept through the Northeast and one of the victims was an 11-year-old Boston boy who died of carbon monoxide poisoning he was overcome as he sat in a running car to keep warm, while his father shoveled snow to get the car out of a snow bank.
A fire department spokesman says a snow bank covered the car exhaust, causing the fumes to collect in the vehicle.
When the fumes overcame the boy, the father went into respiratory arrest and emergency workers took both to Boston Medical Center.
The boy was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.