HARTFORD, Conn. (November 15, 2012)--The cost of damage to Connecticut businesses, homes and governments by Superstorm Sandy is $360 million and climbing, a spokesman for Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Thursday.
Andrew Doba said the bulk of the damage involves private insurance claims.
The figure also includes claims to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Earlier this week, FEMA reported that more than 7,270 property owners in the state have applied for assistance, including 6,000 along the shoreline.
About $4 million in federal funding has been awarded to residents affected by the storm, mostly for temporary housing costs.
Officials say applications for assistance are growing, and there's damage in all eight counties in the state.
Doba says Connecticut suffered more than $1 billion in damage combined from Sandy, Irene last year and an October 2011 storm.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.