Advertisement

All-clear sounded at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland after active shooter warning

Authorities are searching for a suspected shooter.
Authorities are searching for a suspected shooter.((Fuente: KSAT / CNN))
Published: Jun. 9, 2021 at 12:55 PM CDT|Updated: Jun. 9, 2021 at 3:48 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SAN ANTOINO, Texas (KWTX) -The all-clear was sounded at around 3 p.m. Wednesday at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, after an active shooter warning was issued earlier in the afternoon.

No injuries were reported.

#ActiveShooter Update: ➡ JBSA-Lackland is now ALL CLEAR. ➡ There are no reports of any injuries.

Posted by Joint Base San Antonio on Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Authorities initially indicated two people were suspected of shooting into the base from outside the Valley Hi Gate toward an area where personnel were training.

Air Force officials later said there were reports of two gunshots fired into the base.

It wasn’t clear Wednesday afternoon whether anyone saw a gunman, and investigators are trying to determine whether the gunfire report was a false alarm, Lt. Col Brian Loveless said.

The initial lockdown warning was issued at around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Active Shooter warning for all JBSA-Lackland personnel. All base personnel implement LOCKDOWN procedures immediately and take cover. Real World LOCKDOWN, LOCKDOWN, LOCKDOWN.

Posted by Joint Base San Antonio on Wednesday, June 9, 2021

“Active Shooter lockdown on LAK,” the alert said.

“All base personnel implement LOCKDOWN procedures and immediately take cover.”

An update issued about an hour later said, “there are no suspected injuries at this time.”

San Antonio police and Bexar County sheriff’s deputies responded to the base.

“JBSA emergency responders are working with the SAPD to clear the area and search for the shooters,” the update said.

No further details were immediately available.

Copyright 2021 KWTX. All rights reserved.