Apartment residents look for a place to stay after fire

Published: Mar. 1, 2018 at 10:50 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Waco firefighters responded to a fire at the Terrace Garden Apartments at 617 Jefferson Avenue Thursday night.

Apartment residents evacuated their units when the alarm sounded at around 8:30 p.m.

No one was hurt, but firefighters say that the downstairs unit where the fire started was gutted.

Waco firefighters reported heavy smoke and flames on the interior of the apartment when they arrived.

Firefighters rescued three cats and a dog before completely putting out the fire shortly before 10 p.m.

About 10 residents in the two-story complex had to find a place to stay for the night because of heavy fumes and smoke damage.

The cause of the fire hasn't been determined.