Firefighters rescue cat after local family awakes to smell of smoke
The residents escaped safely and firefighters were able to rescue a pet cat after a local family was awakened early Monday by the smell of smoke in a home in the 6000 block of Leon Drive in Waco.
The fire, which was reported shortly before 1 a.m., evidently started in the attic, firefighters said.
The cause was evidently an electrical problem.
Officials said firefighters had trouble reaching the home because of the size of the property and the narrow driveway.
No injuries were reported.