Eight people make it safely out of burning Waco house

By  | 

Waco, Texas (KWTX) Eight residents escaped safely after fire broke out Monday morning in a rear bedroom of a home in the 1100 block of Payne Street in Waco.

The fire was extinguished in five to ten minutes and after checking twice firefighters confirmed no one was still inside the home.

A firefighter suffered heat exhaustion, but was not transported to a hospital.

The residents say they were renting the property.

Red cross is on its way to the scene to help.