Killeen: Two arrested after drive-by shooting indicted

Fernando Lanman Price (left) and Daymion Kordell Martin were charged in connection with the drive-by shooting. (Jail photos)
By  | 

KILLEEN, Texas (KWTX) Two men who were arrested after a drive-by shooting on July 19 in Killeen were indicted Wednesday.

Fernando Lanman Price, 24, was named in an indictment charging aggravated assault with a deadly weapon/repeat offender.

He remains in the Bell County Jail in lieu of $105,000 bond.

Daymion Kordell Martin was named in an indictment charging aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

His name did not appear on the jail’s online roster Wednesday.

Officers responded on July 19 to a home in the 3900 block of Bur Oak Street after receiving a report that shots had been fired.

When officers arrived they spoke to the homeowner who said he saw four people in a black car drive by and open fire, and he knew two of the men inside, according to an arrest affidavit.

Another man who lives at the home said he was in the front yard and suspected that he was the target because of “prior interactions with some of the occupants of the vehicle, and the trajectory of the bullets, as he was running and trying to find cover,” the affidavit says.

The second man also said his car, which was parked on the street, was struck by the suspects’ vehicle, the affidavit says.

Officers set up a perimeter and then got a phone call from a witness who “had seen four individuals park a Chevrolet in the Walmart parking lot and then flee into a wooded area,” the affidavit says.

When police got to the store, they found four men, including Price and Martin, and determined the car belonged to a friend of Price, the affidavit said.

The court paper also said officers found shell casings from two different weapons.

Police said Martin admitted to them that he had shot at one of the men in retaliation, and that Price told them he was in the car, but did not know the shooting would take place, the affidavit says.