Mold discovered behind walls of local fire station

(File)
By  | 

BELTON, Texas (KWTX) Mold has been discovered behind the walls of Belton’s Central Fire Station, which was closed temporarily last month for environmental testing as officials looked for a fix for excessive humidity and moisture in the building.

An inspection by the Farmer Environmental Group of Carrollton found no evidence of asbestos in the building, the city said Thursday.

The station’s operations and personnel were transferred last month to the Sparta Road Fire Station and the consolidation will remain in effect until the mold is abated, the city said.