Nigeria calls off search at collapsed school

(MGN/file)
By  | 

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) A Nigerian official says search efforts have been halted a day after a school building collapsed in Lagos with an unknown number of children inside.

National Emergency Management Agency official Ibrahim Farinloye told The Associated Press that workers have reached the foundation of the collapsed three-story building and don't expect to see any further bodies.

He declines to give an updated toll of dead and rescued.

Officials late Wednesday said eight had died and 37 had been rescued.