No narcotics found in mobile home where local woman beheaded

Davie Dauzat. (Jail photo)
By  | 

BELLMEAD, Texas (KWTX) Authorities found marijuana, but no narcotics, in the mobile home in Bellmead where a 21-year-old mother of two was beheaded in August, a source close to the investigation says.

Natasha Ellen Dauzat, 21, who was found beheaded on Aug. 25 in a mobile home at a trailer park in the 4300 block of Concord Road in Bellmead, died of “sharp force injuries including decapitation,” according to a preliminary autopsy report.

The woman was decapitated and her head was placed in the refrigerator, a source close to the investigation has confirmed.

Her husband, Davie Dauzat, 23, remains in the McLennan County Jail where he was ordered held on a $500,000 bond, charged with murder in the death, authorities said.

Authorities are still waiting for results of toxicology tests on a blood sample taken from the suspect.

Authorities have disclosed little about what they found in the mobile home.

The state district judge who issued a search warrant after the gruesome murder sealed the document detailing what was recovered at the request of an investigator.

Officers were sent to the couple’s home on Aug. 25, a little more than two hours before Natasha Dauzat was killed after receiving a call from Davie Dauzat’s brother at around 8:20 a.m. that day.

The brother, whom police did not identify, “was concerned about…Davie’s well-being and wanted officers to locate and speak with Davie,” police said in a press release.

The brother said he hadn’t spoken with Dauzat in months, but said on the night of Aug. 24 and early in the morning on Aug. 25, he and his mother received calls from him.

“His brother informed dispatch he was not sure if his ‘weird statements’ and ‘funny questions’ were drug related,” police said.

“When asked if (Davie Dauzat) was threatening anyone, his brother said ‘no,’” police said.

An officer and a supervisor located the couple’s residence and spoke with both Davie and Natasha Dauzat outside the trailer.

“There was no indication from Natasha or Davie that either of them was in distress or in need of police intervention at that time. They both appeared calm and expressed their curiosity why the police were there,” the press release said.

Davie Dauzat’s brother called police again at around 11 a.m. Aug. 25, and said Davie had contacted him and told him that “he killed his girlfriend,” police said.

Officers were sent back to the mobile home park where they knocked on the door of the couple’s home.

Davie Dauzat opened and then closed the door, police said.

He appeared to have blood on his body and clothing, they said.

Officers from Bellmead and surrounding communities set up a perimeter around the park evacuating other residents from the area, some of whom weren’t allowed to return to their homes until late in the night.

They then made contact with the man, whom they were able to convince to surrender.

The man had two children, ages 1 and 2, with him inside the trailer, Martin said.

Authorities took custody of the couple’s two children.

Natasha Dauzat attended La Vega schools, according to residents who said they knew her.

She and her husband had just recently moved back from Louisiana, they said.