Report: A&M freshman snorted Adderall before fatal seizure

Joseph William Little
Joseph William Little(KBTX)
Published: Dec. 13, 2018 at 10:55 AM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Texas A&M University freshman Joseph Little, 18, suffered a fatal seizure after snorting Adderall to stay awake for fraternity activities, the Travis County Medical Examiner’s Office said Thursday.

Little died on Aug. 29 after suffering a seizure in his College Station apartment.

Paramedics rushed him from the Callaway House apartments near campus on Aug. 26 to College Station Medical Center, where he remained in ICU until he died.

Little had no history of seizures and was in a constant state of seizure for more than a half an hour before he was taken to the hospital, the report says.

Adderall is a combination of two stimulants, amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.

Seizures are among the more serious potential side effects of the prescription drug, which is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Little's fraternity, Phi Gamma Delta, also known as FIJI, was responsible for violating student rules related to hazing, alcohol, university policies and standard administrative policies, Texas A&M officials announced in November.

Little was accepted as a member of the fraternity on the weekend before his death.

The fraternity’s recognition was suspended and it can’t apply for recognition again until January 2022, a university spokesman told KBTX in Bryan.

The fraternity appealed the ruling.

Little had just graduated St. Thomas High School in Houston.