Advertisement

Fire damages local business

(KWTX)
Published: Sep. 12, 2017 at 3:38 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A Temple business is damaged, but still intact after a late night fire erupted on its roof.

The fire happened at the Temple Furniture Store at 108 North Main Street.

Firefighters were dispatched at around 10:20 p.m.. Monday and a crew arrived within two minutes.

Crews say they responded after seeing flames from the roof of a three story building.

It took a ladder truck for crews to reach the fire on the roof.

The roof received minor damage from the fire and the interior received smoke and water damage.

It's not clear how costly the blaze was for the business.

Firefighters cleared the scene just after midnight at 12:42 a.m. Tuesday.