Shed fire spreads to local couple’s home

(Photo by Rhyan Henson)
(Photo by Rhyan Henson)(KWTX)
Published: Apr. 18, 2018 at 3:22 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A Moody homeowner was evaluating the damage to her home Wednesday after a fire destroyed a shed and spread to the home and another building.

Homeowner Tabitha Giesler believes an egg incubator in the shed started the fire at around 12:45 Wednesday morning.

She said the event was made scarier by the sounds of hot bullets, that we’re stored in the shed, popping.

She said many of the things in the shed that were being stored for the family’s move this summer were destroyed.

That included her husband’s motorcycle.

There were several chickens, kittens and other animals that lived in the area of the fire.

She fears not all of them survived.

The fire also caused minor damage to several of her vehicles.

The family will be staying in a hotel for the time being.