Teen charged in shooting at local Walmart returned to Central Texas

Rashari Nae Fonne Brent. (Jail photo)
Rashari Nae Fonne Brent. (Jail photo)(KWTX)
Published: Jan. 28, 2019 at 3:58 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

The last of the four teenagers charged in connection with a deadly shooting outside of the Temple Walmart store has been returned to Central Texas.

Rashari Nae Fonne Brent, 18, was transferred to the Bell County Jail from Richland County, S.C. where she’d been held since her arrest.

She was booked Sunday night into the Bell County Jail where she’s held on bonds totaling more than $1.2 million charged with murder, harassment of a public servant, and criminal mischief.

She’s also held on two probation revocation motions, according to online records.

She’s one of four teenagers charged in the Dec. 5, 2018 shooting that claimed the life of Isaac Kohlhaas.

Chelsea Swint, 18, who was arrested in Fort Collins, Colo., after the deadly shooting was returned to Central Texas early in the morning on Jan. 16.

She remains in the Bell County Jail charged with murder.

Her bond is set at $1 million.

Two 16-year-old girls have also been arrested and charged with murder in connection with the shooting

Their names haven’t been released because of their ages.

The shooting was reported at around 9:45 p.m. Dec. 5 at the Walmart store at 6801 West Adams Ave.

Officers found Kohlhaas with a gunshot wound.

A bag of marijuana was found underneath him, the affidavit says.

One of the 16-year-old suspects told investigators that “Swint and Brent were discussing robbing a weed dealer and set someone up to be robbed,” according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Surveillance video showed the victim’s vehicle pulling into a parking spot at the Walmart and then a dark colored sedan that Swint was driving pulling in at an angle close to Kohlhaas’ car, the affidavit says.

The video shows two people identified in the affidavit as Brent and one of the 16-year-old girls getting out of the dark-colored vehicle and into the victim’s car and then getting out and running back to the sedan as Kohlhaas got out of his vehicle and collapsed, the affidavit said.

He was taken to Scott & White Medical Center, where he later died.

One of the 16-year-old girls turned herself in just before 7:30 p.m. Dec. 7.

The other was arrested an hour later at her home in the 1700 block of South 15th Street.

Both were taken to the Bell County Juvenile Detention Center in Killeen.