Temple: Sprinkler limits damaged in fire that displaced 7

(File)
By  | 

TEMPLE, Texas (KWTX) A sprinkler limited damage early Thursday after a fire broke out in an apartment in Temple, displacing seven residents.

Firefighters responded just before 5 a.m. to a report of the fire at the Courtyard Apartments at 2315 South 1st St. in Temple.

A malfunctioning bathroom exhaust fan started the fire in the second-floor apartment.

Residents, alerted by smoke alarms, escaped safely.

Fire damage was limited to the bathroom of the apartment, which also received smoke and water damage.

Two first-floor units were also damaged by water.

No one was injured.