More than half of 20 snared prostitution sting are FH soldiers
More than half of the 20 men snared in a prostitution sting that targeted Salado and Killeen are Fort Hood soldiers who range in rank from private to major.
"Allegations such as these are taken seriously as they run counter to Army values,” said Tom Rheinlander, director of Fort Hood Public Affairs.
“As always, we are supportive of local authorities and will cooperate fully. Fort Hood will refrain from commenting further given that this is an ongoing investigation," he said.
The sting, which ran over a period of a couple of weeks, was conducted with the assistance of the McLennan County Sheriff’s Office, Bell County Sheriff Eddy Lange said Tuesday.
"We’re certainly putting everyone on notice that this kind of activity will not be tolerated here in bell county Texas,” Lange said.
“We want everyone to know that you don't know that you don't know who you are talking to on the other end of that computer or the other end of your phone while texting and it could very well be the police."
Authorities placed ads on the dark web to attract people interested in buying sex.
The operation involved two separate hotels where sheriff deputies and investigators waited to make contact with those who responded to the ads.
All 20 of the men arrested were charged with solicitation of prostitution.
They were released after posting bonds that ranged from $1,500 to $2500.
Two may also face felony charges in cases involving ads for prostitutes who were portrayed as being younger than 18.
1) SPC Joiner, Jimmie W. 15T 3/227 AVN (1st Cav)
2) SSG Davis, Kendrick 23N Co B 57th Sig (11th Sig Theater Tactical BDE)
3) MSG Ervin, Stanley L. 92A HHC 13th ESC
4) PV2 Horne, Xavier 92F Co E 2/227th Avn (1st Cav)
5) PFC Upshaw, Adrian J. 25B Co C 3 BN BDE (3rd Cav Rgt)
6) SGT Castillo, Carlos 91B 411 MP Co
7) SSG Seymour, Natalion 74D HHC 2nd CM BN
8) SGT Culpepper, Michael 11B 1st Cav
9) CW2(P) Grant, Ernest 882A Co A WTU
10) WO1 Hughes, Gregory D. 923A HHC 1st CSSB
11) MAJ White, Donta 42H HHC 89th MP BDE
(Source: Fort Hood)
Robert Lassitier, Jr.
Christopher Webster (Fort Hood identifies him as an Army Spc., but says he’s not assigned to the post)
(Source: Bell County Sheriff’s Dept.)