Vacant house for sale catches fire

Published: Jul. 5, 2018 at 5:47 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Waco firefighters are investigating after a vacant home caught fire early Thursday morning.

The fire happened at a home near 18th Street and Lyle Avenue.

Neighbors say the home's last tenant moved out months ago, and that someone was working on buying the house.

The fire happened around 3:30 a.m., and crews took about 20 minutes to knock out the fire.

Four engines were sent because the neighborhood was quickly filling with smoke.

No cause for the fire has been determined.

One neighbor said people had been shooting off fireworks all night, but it wasn't clear if that caused the fire.

No one was hurt in the fire.